Infared Sauna + Light Therapy
Benefits of Infared Sauna & Light Therapy
1. Detoxification: Sunlighten’s highly efficient, patented SoloCarbon® infrared heating technology gives you the best detoxification experience because it is clinically proven to raise core body temperature by three degrees.2 You experience a deep, productive sweat from your cells as the SoloCarbon infrared waves penetrate your skin and heat your core to expel the toxins, rather than just sitting in hot, ambient air that only heats your outer skin. This creates an enjoyable experience of more productive sweat, rather than an uncomfortable, stifling hot and less-productive sweat.
2. Heart Health: Infrared sauna sessions raise your heart rate and increase circulation. This replicates a cardiovascular workout we term “passive cardio.” In fact, blood flow during infrared sauna use may rise from a normal rate of 5-7 quarts/minute to up to 13 quarts/minute. Your heart is a muscle; working it makes it stronger. A stronger cardiovascular system helps capillaries deliver more oxygen to muscle cells. For people with injuries or conditions precluding them from cardio activity, Sunlighten saunas can help serve as an alternative for needed cardio benefits.
3. Weight Loss: infrared light therapy works at the cellular level to expel toxins, increase circulation, spark metabolism, burn calories and help decrease waist size.
4. Muscle Recovery: infrared light heats the body from within and increases circulation and blood flow. Good circulation is critical for proper healing. The more blood cells that can get delivered to muscles, the quicker they rebuild.
5. Boosts Immunity: Increased body temp may help fight infections as it stimulates heat shock proteins that deter viruses from reproducing and reduces inflammatory cytokine proteins. Raising body temp above normal for therapeutic treatment is called hyperthermia. Sunlighten’s infrared heating technology gives you the highest quality and quantity of infrared clinically proven to raise core body temperature by three degrees.
6. Anti-aging: renew your skin! Red light/near infared technology increases collaagen and elastin. Far infared waves increase circulation, helping to regenerate cells.
7. Relaxation: infrared sauna therapy promotes relaxation by helping to balance your body’s level of cortisol, your body’s primary stress hormone. The heat generated by the sauna will also help to relax muscles and relieve tension throughout the body, allowing you to relax and de-stress. –Amy Myers, MD